Kilkerran WiP 7 Sherry Cask | 46.0% | Campbeltown
, Scotland founded: 1833 | active
For more detailed mapping of the distilleries in the area from our whisky map page, use this link
Meet #64 | 13/06/15 | Hosted by Ali
Three bottles with a theme that changed quite a lot over time, resulting in two bottles that were updated versions of a meeting 3 years before, and one that looked tasty and was added to proceedings.
[This was an 'updated' tasting for this bottle from 3 years before
1. Ketel One. Or another brand of vodka.
2. The number of dips in a Double Dip. And the number of entendres in a double entendre. We're talking the Swizzlestick stick, Swizzles Matlow and their sneaky euphemisms.
3. The three wise men. Or what Shelley wrongly imagines frankincense smells like and ensuing long conversation about the three wise men and their gifts.
4. Orange four ways. Orange, dried orange, orange oil, and Berocca.
5. Chinese 5 spice
6. Did you say Cif? Good. Because yes, there's some bathroom cleaner here.
7. Lucky 7, lucky dip. Frangipane, fermented peaches, cheese, wet dog, golden syrup, a 'cloved' lemon and old greek man's cologne.
1. One thyme! The herb thyme.
2. Two time! The concept of time.
3. Triple cream. Okay, double cream but number 2 is already used.
4. The number of expected tastes given the smell. Cloves, almonds, oily orange sponge, Bakewell tart.
5. Five-O! The police have arrived, because you're trying to siphon petrol and you taste the vapour but they stop you before it hits your mouth.
6. Six billion. The population of the world if you perform a 'Chinese takeaway', that is for some inexplicable reason don't count the population of China. And round up. It tastes of Chinese takeaway, is what I'm trying to say.
7. The secret seven. This taste is secret.
| The green label was less controversial than WiP's pink.. (4 photos)
Finish & Comments
7. The length was summer as a seven year old. Fizzy cola bottles and lemonade, while playing in the cut grass. The finish was seven paintings stolen from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam in October 2012. This is medium long, like the amount of time it took to arrest the thieves.
We're hoping the packaging is a work in progress too. Having said that the attractive/horrible [delete as appropriate] colour splits the group.
We've always scored out of 10 in our group (see number in red box, below), with scores regularly given across that spectrum. The value out of 100 below is adjusted to the scale most commonly used for whisky reviews, to allow for better comparison.
79 / 100
Detailed scores (out of 10)
Tasting Game Points (out of 5)
[ for other thoughts on whisky and more in-depth activities of the group, check out whisky on meiotic